Looking for new healthy pasta recipes? This lean and creamy sausage pasta will liven up your meal prep routine – and then some.
Fed up of your daily chicken, rice and broccoli meal prep? Yup, us too. Try this super-lean, high-protein creamy sausage pasta for your next batch meal prep session.
Made with quark in place of cream cheese and reduced-fat sausages, we’ve kept this pasta lean without skimping on flavour — each delicious serving offers up an impressive 34g of protein, with less than 6g of fat.
- 1 tsp. 100% Coconut Oil
- 1 leek (finely sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 8 reduced-fat pork sausages (sliced)
- 200g quark
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 240g wholemeal penne pasta
- 1 tsp. dried chilli flakes
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Handful fresh basil leaves
- Add the coconut oil to a large, non-stick pan on a medium to high heat. Add the sliced leek into the pan and fry for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic and pan fry for a further 2 minutes, then add the sliced sausages and fry for 6-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they are brown on all sides. Add the chilli flakes and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Next, the tin of tomatoes and stir to combine. Let bubble for a few minutes and then add the quark, mixing through thoroughly to get a rich, creamy sauce.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pan and mix in with the sauce so that it’s all combined.
- After a few minutes, take the pasta off the heat and portion up into containers, garnishing with fresh basil leaves.
Try these meal prep ideas:
Healthy Pasta Recipes | Lean, Creamy Sausage Pasta Meal Prep
Amount per serving
|Calories||415kcal||52 Calories from Fat|
|% Daily Value *|