Need a dessert to adorn your Christmas table, but don’t need a sugar fest after a big Christmas dinner? This protein-packed yule log is the perfect after-dinner delight. With Chocolate Impact Whey in every layer, this is the tasty way to make gains this Christmas.
You can also forget a calorific filling – made from Greek yoghurt and Impact Whey, this is a creamy indulgence that you can enjoy guilt-free. Dust with icing sugar to complete the wintry perfection – super simple!
- 3 scoops of Chocolate Impact Whey Protein
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg white
- 50g Greek yoghurt
- 100g wholemeal flour
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 100g Chocolate (dark)
- 1 tbsp. icing sugar
1. Line a rectangular baking tray with parchment and preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C for fan-assisted.
2. Whisk the egg and egg white together before adding the coconut sugar.
3. Next, sieve the wholemeal flour and baking powder into the bowl, followed by the cocoa powder and mix together.
4. Then stir one scoop of the Chocolate Impact Whey and pour the mixture onto the baking tray.
5. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until the sponge is springy to the touch.
6. For the filling, whisk together the Greek yoghurt with one scoop of Chocolate Impact Whey until smooth.
7. Remove the sponge from the oven, and once cool, spread over the filling.
8. Carefully roll the sponge to make your yule log.
9. Next break up the Dark Chocolate and put in a microwavable bowl with a scoop of Chocolate Impact Whey and coconut oil and melt in the microwave.
10. Remove from the microwave and whisk until smooth before spreading over the yule log.
11. Finally, dust with icing sugar before serving.